8:14 PM

H.E.B.

Posted by amy |

Well folks, on this fabulous fall Friday in November the citizens of Houston, Texas are singing the praises of a man named Howard E. Butts...or at least I am! Mr. Butts is the original owner of the HEB grocery store which first opened in 1905. Today an HEB opened right down the street from me, and let me tell ya this is not your average grocery store. This my friends is a shopping experience. I went with my dear friend Courtney. We circled the entire store taking it all in...the scenery AND the samples. I was way too distracted to shop. On round two we decided we should probably get some groceries. It was my first grocery store grand opening experience. And the samples supplied my dinner for the night...literally. They had everything from fresh fruits, to various types of bread, to sushi rolls, to bavarian cream donuts and more! Here's a few pics I took with my phone. If you live in Houston you'll definitely want to stop by Bunker Hill and experience it for yourself!

Court could hardly contain her enthusiasm


Lobster...$5.99 a lb


There's a specialty section for just about everything.
This is the cheese shop.


This is where you can see cooking demonstrations
and try recipe samples


Amazing supply of fresh fish


Numberous breads for the taking...and the tasting


Hooray for COFFEE in bulk


Yes ladies and gentleman...presentation
really is everything


Fresh King Crab legs...they were HUGE and only $9.99 a lb.
Normally $18. Party anyone???

Courts definitely contemplating a party...
(while the lady behind her is having one with the crab legs)

1 comments:

Becky Kiser said...

chris and i went there too. AMAZING!!! we spent over $200... i think i got a little carried away! :)