8:16 PM

Blog Head

Posted by amy |

Wow! I had no idea that when I closed my laptop on July 15 it would be six long and challenging weeks before I could blog again. Things have been CRAZY...which I'll get to momentarily. Before I started blogging I never understood those really experienced bloggers (you know who you are) who would talk about how they think in a blog. What? What does this even mean? I had no idea........until now! As life has unfolded over the last six weeks I've kept asking myself how in the world am I going to blog about all of this? Something would happen and I'd begin to write a blog in my head...weird. But, there comes a point where you just gotta press your fingers to the keys and get the word out. And finally...there's time. So, consider yourself warned. I'm back. And this introvert turned blogger has lots of catching up to do...

Here's my last six weeks in a nut shell. I'll write more detailed posts over the next couple of weeks and pictures will be added once my laptop returns from the geek squad!

  • I went on a trip to Las Vegas to visit family and say goodbye to my grams who passed away at the age of 88.
  • My bff and roommate Sarah moved to Brazil for a year.
  • My new roomie Julie (aka Jules) moved in.
  • I killed a HUGE roach all by myself (there will definitely be a post coming about this!).
  • My sister celebrated her 31st Bday in St. Louis.
  • I celebrated my 3 year anniversary working for Houston's First Baptist Church.
  • My bff from highschool had a sweet baby girl, Aria Grace.
  • I went to the Hill Country with the Summit Ministries leadership, where I cooked a lot and conquered the blue rope swing. I love the river!!
  • My bff from college had a sweet baby girl, Abigail Elizabeth.
  • My roommate Jules lost her step-dad suddenly this week.
  • The ministry I work for celebrated 10 years with The Sum of It, at the Houston Club downtown.
  • This weekend I attended a Beth Moore conference in San Antonio where the Lord poured Himself out in abundance.
  • My church is two weeks away from moving out of our gym and back into a newly rennovated worship center. Today we wrote names of people who don't know Jesus on the cement floor before carpet gets laid--Salvation come!
  • My dear friend Courtney left Houston today to go work for FEMA...miss her already.

Lots of ups and downs. Aren't you so glad that in the midst of ever changing thoughts, circumstances, emotions, relationships, etc. Jesus IS!! Can't imagine where on earth I would be without Him. I love you sweet Father!

4 comments:

The Dodds said...

yayayayayay!!! A post! I've been waiting on pins and needles to say the least! I can't wait for me! We miss you and Houston already! We MUST see each other very soon!

The Dodds said...

hahahaha... I mean I can't wait for MORE... not me... gracious no. Not ME!

arich81 said...

wow, that even wore ME out...and all i did was read about it! bless you friend! hope you get some self-care time so you can continue on this crazy path the Lord has put you on. (though i know it comes when He decides you need it, not when you think you need it...but i hope it comes soon. and involves a trip to BR!
you are loved. thanks for blogging. :)

Unknown said...

I love you sweet friend, thanks for sharing the randomness hardness and awesomeness (okay so maybe I like -ness) of life for you the past six months!
miss you~