4:07 PM

Let Freedom Ring

Posted by amy |

The fireworks have come and gone, yet the sound of freedom still rings on...

Sounds poetic, I know. I'll go ahead and pat myself on the back for a great start to my very first blog post. And then I'll move right along to quickly say that is not the goal here. I love to write. It's true. And I do hope the things that I have to say will be both meaningful and enjoyable to those who graciously choose to partake. But more than anything I hope that this blog will make some sort of contribution, no matter how large or small, to life in community. I simply wish to share my story with you, that together we might grow in our understanding of this exciting and often bumpy journey called life.

It goes without saying that the usual things that make 4th of July great rang true again this year...great food, friends, family, fireworks, etc. But I found myself, completely without intent, on an interesting journey of freedom that had absolutely nothing to do with red, white, and blue, my country tis of thee or anything of the like. This years freedom came in the form of shackles hitting the floor, followed by a great bit of dancing. Come on, you know the tune. Some of you are singing it in your heads right now....and for you extroverts probably even out loud! Freedom this year looked a little bit like swinging from rope swings along the Guadelupe River in the Hill Country of Texas, learning to dive for the first time at the age of 28 and getting up on stage in front of a bunch of little kids at Houston Project vbs and singing and dancing my heart out that the name of Christ may be praised. Freedom this year came in the form of childhood revisited and joyous moments carried out without fear. Let this freedom bell ring on...

5 comments:

Amber Knowles said...

YAY! Welcome to blog-world Amy!

Erin said...

I am so glad you are blogging! I know many people will be encouraged by your writings, me included.

Anna Pociask said...

I love that you are blogging because you are an amazing writer! You always have been. Love you!

Nancy Mon said...

Yahoo...you're blogging! This makes me very happy.

Sarah said...

Being an unchurched child of the eighties until I met Jesus and Point of Grace at age 12, George Michael's "Freedom" was the song that came to mind first. But ring that bell nonetheless.