3:17 PM

I Heart H-Town

Posted by amy |

Don't you just love that really tired feeling at the end of a busy week? When you're fully aware of the weariness in your bones, but it's totally worth it when coupled with all the joy in your heart. That's how I would define the second week of July, 2008. Houston Project comes but once a year. For those who aren't familiar, Houston Project is a churchwide endeavor to love our city. We partner with urban churches to reach local communities through VBS, evangelism, youth ministry, sports, block parties, etc. We had 800+ peeps from Houston's First Baptist Church on mission this week. My amazing singles Bible study class, Beyond the Ink, served at Park Temple Baptist Church on the Northside. I got to be in a 10-11 year old classroom with about 20 kids who were hungry for God's Word and some good attention. The week started with kids hearing of Jesus for the first time in their lives and ended with them walking away, Bible in hand...having heard the message for themselves and now fully equipped to share it with others. It was beautiful and I praise God for the opportunity to be a part of the miracle of changed lives.

Overall, I learned several things....

I miss small church.
I love the gospel and fail to dwell on its beauty often enough.
I want to learn chronological Bible storying.
I love skits and need to embrace my dramatic side more often.
I love my fellow BTI'ers.
I miss Arich, Amber, Allison and Carrie.
Childlike faith still exists.
Philemon new what he was talking about... vs.6
"Unload" is an amazing synonym for confess.
God doesn't waste a thing. I love how everything that we go through in life is intended to point directly back to Him. Everything we lack, everything our lives seem to lack...He is! Hope.


Here are some pics of my kiddos for the week and my Bible study peeps...










3 comments:

arich81 said...

aim...i'm so glad you're blogging! i love getting more of your authenticity in my life!
i miss almost everything about the houston project. :) i'm so glad you got to be hands on again, instead of overseeing everything. God's been doing a lot in my heart about childlike faith...and the unguardedness that comes out of that...He's been using your blog to cultivate more of that in me! blog on sister!

Amber said...

amen to blogging on.

Aim...i totally miss you.
i miss the houston project too.
summer has not been the same with out the two of you.

Erin said...

At first I scanned past the written part and just looked at the pics... and before I went back up to read I knew you had been at Park Temple because I recognized one of the little girls from 2 years ago when I was there.... how cool is that. :-)